Wednesday, January 2, 2013

books

























Such beautiful creatures these books of poetry by my fellow
NEA writers. Their covers startling mostly. Titles like Throng
and Sad Daughter. I want one, a book I mean. A book book.
No chapbook. No POD. Nothing against those. A book of my poems.
That's this year. And/or the next and next. How long is a game.
And so I'll read. I ordered some of their books, those I could find
on Amazon. In alphabetical order will go my reading. Perhaps
too some writing here about what I learn as I go through the stack.

THRONG by Jose Perez Beduya
OUR LADY OF THE RUINS by Traci Brimhall
THE SECOND REASON By Jenny Browne
JUVENILIA by Ken Chen
WITHOUT by Maxine Chernoff
SLOW LIGHTNING by Eduardo C. Corral
NECROPOLIS by Jill Alexander Essbaum
COFFLE by Reginald Flood
SAD DAUGHTER by Sarah Gorham
VELROY AND THE MADISCHIE MAFIA by Sy Hoahwah
SUNDAY HOUSES THE SUNDAY HOUSE by Elizabeth Hughey
WE ARE STARVED by Joshua Kryah
HOUSEHOLD MECHANICS by Sarah Mangold
MULE by Shane McCrae
ORANGE CRUSH by Simone Muench
UP JUMP THE BOOGIE by John Murillo
VOYAGER by Sikranth Reddy
BY THE NUMBERS by James Richardson
COPPERHEAD by Rachel Richardson
ROMEY'S ORDER by Atsuro Riley
LITANY FOR THE CITY by Ryan Teitman
ARCO IRIS by Sarah Vap
PERSONS UNKNOWN by the late Jake Adam York
MUSEUMS OF ACCIDENTS by Rachel Zucker

No comments: