Sunday, March 17, 2013

work



abandoned mine Kellogg Idaho

























This is how my writing is. A looming edifice.


Also this:

Jolly Green Giant

























So jolly and large. Standing on my chest. Hands at hips. 
Pleased as punch the writing goes no where.




I want/know/hope the work will look like this:

Joan Mitchell


























Eduardo C. Corral: His Slow Lightning!
Another of my fellow NEA-ers' books.
Inspiring in its various forms. 


Some lines:


Every word I utter/is opalescent. 
Through the window, sky like a torn sketch of the ocean. 
I asked once for a sonnet. You
peeled back the skin and muscle of your left hand: fourteen bones. 
I know
what Eve
didn't know: a serpent
is a fruit eaten to the core. 
 
 

Next on NEA reading list: Jill Alexander Essbaum's Necropolis.












No comments: