Monday, December 31, 2007

the old year passes



















So I've been at this blogging thing for about a year now. I'll admit I'm not the most organized blogger. Nor am I clever, whacky, full of irony or sharp-tongued opinions on much of anything. I started this endeavor partly as a way to connect to -- what? Myself perhaps. As a way to contain the brain storm whooshing on through. I also proposed a year ago this activity would serve as a study tool.  By writing here occasionally about what I look at and read and underline, I hoped I'd be better at looking, thinking, reading, writing, etc. When you live in the woods and don't get much of a chance to converse with folks who like to look and read and underline, you end up talking to your self a tad too much. I hoped this space would give me a less kooky way of talking to myself. 

I've been surprised and pleased that others have found their way here, particularly since there's a surfeit of conversation throughout the blog-0-sphere, even among poet-types.  

I know this is the time for resolution, revision, renovation. Mine is to get here more often.
 




No comments: