Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Dress




I need a dress. Went dress shopping. Tried on many dresses. Stella, Prada, Oscar, Miu Miu. To see what I could see. Looked out the window of the dressing room over the avenue to the bottom of the deep blue sea. None of the dresses were the dress. I don't own any dresses. Well, a shift. Otherwise it's skirts and pants. Shoes I like more than dresses. But I must have a dress for a dress occasion. Not a suit. No pants. There are many other places to shop and I will visit some of those stores. It seemed important to begin my quest with the good stuff. Learn from the best, that kind of thing. Begin with Stevens. Bishop. Not that I can afford to actually acquire Stella or Oscar. Anyway, I prefer the dresses made by Lesley Dill, pictured here. To attend an event wearing a dress titled Woman with Hindu Healing Dress or Dress of War and Sorrow or Poem Dress of Circulation or Large Poem Dress or Unknown Nourishment. Some dress like that. Dress of paper and tea-stained vellum. Dress with Dickinson's words a single screw of flesh is all that pins the soul sewn into the waist. To wear it with great shoes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps we can all pitch in and help you shop. Please have a look at The Soup Label Dress

Anonymous said...

How about this one?? The Shark Lady dress

Suzanne said...

I LOVE these dress images. If there's one bee in my bonnet you can be sure it was placed there by dress shopping this summer.

Pam said...

Thanks all for your dress encouragement. And Suzanne, I hope the bee didn't sting and that your summer dress shopping was successful.